1. Purpose of this Statement
2. Automated Collection of Personal Information
As with most other web servers, when you access these web pages certain information you provide will automatically be recorded. This will include your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the page you last visited. This information is processed to estimate how much usage of the server is made by different categories of users, and in the event of a breach of security may be used to aid detection.
3. Collection and Use of Data
Contact Us: The information which you voluntarily provide us through the ‘Contact Us’ page Website will be used for the purposes of satisfying your request such as responding to a query or providing an article or publication. We will only use your email address to respond to such query where your personal data will only be accessible by those who have a legitimate need to know within our organisation.
4. International transfers
Information that you submit via the Website may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA, one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA or if your query can only be answered by a member of our organisation outside of the EEA . If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- session cookie - to see how long an anonymous user has used the site continuously
- LinkedIn and Sharethis buttons, Google Analytics (tracking) all set multiple cookies - these are known as 3rd party external cookies, but they are set via our site
- any video services such as Youtube will serve cookies in order to display videos
- a cookie to enable our Sharing function
Managing cookies in your browser - most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons.
6. Changes to this statement